What it is:
An eyeshadow palette featuring 14 whimsical shades ranging from bold and bright mattes to soft pastel shimmers.
What it does:
Anastasia Beverly Hills’ president, Norvina Soare, designed this palette to be her personal go-to, with 14 dreamy, easy-to-blend shades. The buttery, full-pigment formula means you only need minimal product for maximum payoff. It comes luxuriously packaged with a large mirror and double-ended brush.
This set contains:
- DREAMER Shimmery beige
- SUMMER Cooler-toned, shimmery bronze
- WILD CHILD Duo-chrome, cool-toned pink
- ROSE GOLD Cooler-toned, shimmery rose gold
- CELESTIAL Multi-dimensional, cool-toned violet
- DAZZLING Shimmering taupe
- DRAMA Shimmery, deep aubergine
- BASE Matte, neutral eggshell
- SOUL Matte, deep periwinkle
- INCENSE Matte mid-tone taupe brown
- LOVE Matte, cool-toned pink
- VOLATILE Matte violet gray
- ECCENTRIC Matte dark squash / yellow brick
- PASSION Matte dark plum
What else you need to know:
“I have always wanted to create a palette that embodies my spirit. I’m a dreamer at heart and get lost in my own fantasy world daily. It’s a whimsical place that leaves you feeling carefree. If I had to explain how these colors made me feel, I would say ‘happy.’”—Norvina Soare, Brand President.
-These shades can be applied wet or dry to achieve endless looks, transitioning effortlessly from day to night.
-Smudge deeper shades into the lash line.
-Minimal product is needed for maximum payoff.
I wanted an everyday palette as well as a glam one. THIS HAS EVERYTHING! If you love romantic looks, pastels, pinks, purples, neutrals and shimmers this is the one.
A word of caution, There is a bit of a learing curve to this palette but if you love the ABH formula and the color in the palette you will love it. I use a glitter glue for all the colors in the top row and the included brush presses them into the lid perfectly. No fall out no creasing and they blend beautifully.
The colors are so rich and look the same on your lid as they do in the pan. I do recommend going in with a very light hand as these do have kick back in the pan if you go in hard at all.
To summarize, It has the pigment of the subculture, and the blendability of the modern renaissance. need I say any more?
- I love Anastasia’s eye-shadow, including Subculture, so had to get it. I got a bit suspicious watching tutorials where majority of people put the shadows over concealer, well, now I know why! Shimmers are not sticking to a brush, it is next to impossible to build a color with shimmers on an eyelid without a base (concealer, glitter glue etc.) using brush, sponge applicator or even finger.
- Three mattes have sparkles in them yet are very powdery (base, soul, especially my favorite one LOVE). You won’t necessarily see much shine from them once applied but be sure, your eyelid texture will be exaggerated. but I do not find that to be an issue since they blend so seamlessly.
- Tan beauties might need to skip this :/
- Also availability in India might be an issue for Beauty Enthusiasts like myself.
Bottom line – if you you are not a pro or don’t collect makeup and not an Anastasia fan, skip it. BUT, If you’re anything like me- make the splurge!